Friday, April 25, 2014

Halloween!
OK, it's not a superhero unless you really like syrup. This was one of my favorite costumes for Halloween. It involved a lot of dyeing of fabric. The skirt, shirt, and collar thing were all dyed brown, and the apron had to be dyed red.

The letters were done by tracing a copy of the label all blown up to 200% or something like that and then lot's of cut and paste. The Cap is yellow foam and hot clue! It may still exist as a container someplace in the attic. It probably holds yarn. I have a lot of yarn. I think my next costume should be completely knit. I can't think of a better way to use up yarn.

Anyway, this weekend we are starting actual costume construction! I'm hoping to get our capes done. If I can do that, we'll be getting somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment